[Reader-list] India state-run banks 'turn away Muslims': BBC

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:13:52 IST 2010

Dear Rakesh ,

A muslim not finding a house in Mumbai and that too famous
personalities like Saif or Shabana is a media created TRP sourcing
news item. There are enough examples where people do not get homes.

1. Most of Gujarati society do not rent out / sell of appartments to
Non Gujaratis.

2. Try buying a flat or renting out a flat in Jogeshwari from a Muslim
society .... No Hindu can get one.

3. Vegeterian society do not allow non vegetarian in.

4. Bachelors have the biggest problem in getting a space .

It's been two years and I personally have been unable to get a flat
out on rent , as people renting out want me to have my family here as
well and consider me a bachelor.

These are facts ... Please dont make it a muslim problem.

Similarly in banking there are 'areas' which are shortlisted where
loans / credit cards are not given . Who knows what the problem may
be.

In so called Islamic way of banking , the procedure is the same ....as
far as I know . The only thing is that the 'Interest" is being called
"Munafa" ..means "Profit".... ;-)

Pawan