[Reader-list] No Burqa, No teaching in West bengal

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:01:14 IST 2010

Ignore my previous mail Rakesh. I found the mail. I would like to differ
with you on one account. The term is not "misusing", it should be "using."
Anyone using a religious text or any other text for that matter, to control
another human being's life should not be allowed to enter a place like
university. Not sure if their place is behind the bars, but I agree that
those who curb other people's freedom, have not right to remain free.

As I found the missing mail, I also found the mail of a scoundrel, that I
missed earlier. Well, I am borrowing the term "scoundrel" from Samuel
Johnson who said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." The
scoundrel wanted me to make India a great country in my response to my mail
about bank accounts. Well, I am not a scoundrel to be bound by such
shackles. Why not make Pakistan also great? Every country has a right to
become great as long as they don't define greatness in heinous way.
Tagore's dream for India, mind without fear, is broken by the nightmare
situation that we are in right now. When the government on the other side of
the border of Shonar Bangla has brought fanatics under control somewhat, the
"secular" set up on the Indian side is letting them flourish. A "minority
community" that does not justice to the "minority" within, has no legitimate
right to ask for justice from "majority community." We must recognize and
expose the double standards.