[Reader-list] Gujarat's secular development

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 17:42:38 IST 2010

Dear Britta

Dissent???? What dissent?

If you are talking about your 'dissent' with Bipin, I have little interest in that, in the context of Modi/Gujarat since I do not know enough about Gujarat and am highly suspicious of Modi being any good for India (whatever else might be his claim to what he has done or not-done for Gujarat)

I did not comment on your 'dissent'.

I commented on the 'assent' you granted to your arrogance by making a generalisation  about "Indian Public" in stating that:

 "silencing any rational counter-argument" ...... "has been the problem of this list, and of the Indian public, for quite a while now."

You obviously see nothing wrong with making such a generalisation.

Please have the last word.

Kshmendra

PS. Your comment to Bipin "Singapore is also a well-working state. But it's not a democracy." seems to suggest that you agree with the article you commented upon and that Gujarat is a "'well-working state" (like Singapore) but that (like Singapore) there is no democracy in Gujarat.        Interesting