[Reader-list] BHOPAL TRAGEDY

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 02:02:22 IST 2010

I am not sure about the Muslim credentials of the culprits, I think Arjun
Singh is not a Muslim. Khurshid was called a "bhade ka Musalman" by Ms.
Bhutto. Justices are, by and large, not religious, justice Bhagwandas became
chief justice of Pakistan for a while.
But what is clear is that the "intellectuals" those who determine the
dominant narrative in Indian political context, are frustratingly soft on
Congress government. We read a detailed history of CPI(M)'s criminal past in
West Bengal on this list. We are taken back to Gujarat riots as soon as Modi
or BJP is mentioned. Congress is hardly mentioned in the emails of the
intellectual hegemons. It is obliquely mentioned as Indian government some
times, but not as congress. The party that supported dropping of bombs on
its own people in Mizoram, the party that orchestrated massacre of sikhs in
1984, seems to have a clean past. Apparently you have to be a Muslim to
claim victimhood. And then too, a Muslim tormented by the government of a
party that is not Congress