[Reader-list] BHOPAL TRAGEDY

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:47:18 IST 2010

Rajen,

if you want me to endorse your views, i can say that it might be true. there
was no denial from my side as unlike you, i do not have so much of
information about it. i know one thing for sure. a pil was filed against the
proposed transfer of wastes to Ankleshwar in 2005, after an MoU was signed
between Guj and MP government. one of the most recent developments is
setting up of a JV plant with Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited and Dow
for manufacturing of methyl polymers. incidentally, Ankleshwar was declared
the most critically polluted taluka in India, even when MoU was signed.

also, could you qualify when have i used the word "attack" in my posts to
describe this tragedy? although,  'attack' can be used described what
happened, as the accused have been booked under culpable homicide.

regards
anupam