[Reader-list] 10 MYTHS OF GLOBAL WARMING

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 08:30:33 IST 2010

Well, this is a new strategy our colonial masters are teaching us. Pollute
in the name of national pride. They "developed" by polluting, we too have a
right to pollute. This is the rallying cry of the right wingers in India
that echos with "drill baby drill" among the masters in the US.

Because there is smoke already in the environment so passive smoking cannot
really harm, we have heard this kind of argument from mendacious
industrialists in the past. Sun rays cause a lot of radiation, many
generations in Hiroshima and NagaSaki suffer the consequences of radiation
but that has nothing to do with the nuclear bomb Americans dropped on those
2 cities.

We know talk show hosts in the US who make such silly arguments. They create
their own websites or pay their hang dogs to do that and then use the same
websites as a proof for their conspiracy theories and their propaganda. They
help industrialists by spreading lies and industrialists help them with what
they best know. It has nothing to do with development, it has all to do with
stopping the development of alternative sources of energy. It's all to keep
the oil industry stinkingly rich, no doubt most of these right wingers have
their investments in the oil.

These so called prodevelopment powers with financial support from
industrialists become so powerful that they can coopt religion too. Since
they become custodian of religion they can ignore it when it comes in the
path of "development". George Bush in a way declared himself a pope when he
called for a holy war soon after 9-11. He easily ignored the christian world
and the advice of the Pope when he invaded Iraq. Narendra Modi suffered
almost no     backlash from the Hindu groups when he demolished temples in
the name of development. You now know why.

We all know kind of ruffian, a joker and criminal George Bush junior was. A
state with a popular vote decided to name a new sewerage system after him.
You shouldn't be surprized to know that voters in Vermont, a US state, voted
on this issue and gave the law enforcement directive to arrest both Bush and
the vice president at that time. So let us not consider anything that Bush
said credible.

Vladimir Putin recently went down in the water in a submarine to see an
under-water paper mill that was closed due to pollution it was causing. From
the submarine he made the pronouncement "I can see the water is so clean.
There is no pollution so we will let this paper mill start functioning
again." This was the same kind of faulty reasoning, there is no global
warming because I can't feel it in my airconditioned room. If someone could
dare prove to him that there was pollution, he would probably argue that
nature was capable of cleaning itself. Oil and gas lets Russia arm twist its
neighbors. So, of course, Kyoto protocol was faulty.

Best