[Reader-list] Reg: Mail on nationalism and Gujarat's secular development (And my experiences)

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 17:56:55 IST 2010

Rakesh,
your post made very interesting reading material for me, thanks. But the
fact is Nitish by himself without the support of BJP was a non starter when
Lalu had mis managed the state for decades, and again, it is BJP which lacks
the savvy sense of being aloof and not trying to break the shackles of
getting labelled as communal, the propaganda against it being powerful,
leaders not active enough to manage this negative perception pressed for
years in the minds of population. Though there are many more MPs from
different faiths including Islam in BJP, the efforts to make a conscious
efforts to be with ALL the citizens irrespective of their faith in
governance is needed to more urgently correct the perception, which does not
come by tokenism of advertisements of secularism, but by practice at the
grass root level.
regards,
rajen.

Rajen.