[Reader-list] UID India

jude d'souza jude.dsouza at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:08:04 IST 2010

Dear Shashidhar

I do appreciate your point on the culture of fear that the media has
found profitable to propagate. As you rightly state, any minor form of
dissent raises hackles and has the mainstream media baying for blood.
It is precisely in this condition that identity tracking can take its
most virulent forms. Why would you believe that the UID would not be a
tool for control and subjugation within this environment ?

Of course there are a number of regulations that keep getting passed
by the day, often passing by without a majority of the people being
even aware of them. I sincerely hope this would one day change.

As for letting the UID pass by without debate, I believe that would be
a very, very sad day for Indian democracy. True individual freedom is
really something worth fighting for.

Cheers

Jude