[Reader-list] CORRUPTION - ROOT AND REMEDY

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Thu Jun 17 14:41:00 IST 2010

Corruption has become big evil today and deeply penetrated in the blood of
people. What is the ROOT OF CORRUPTION?

In my view, root of corruption is our political system/election process.
Root of corruption is money required to fight the election. The candidate
first time elected from public only, have so many ideas in mind to do for
our nation. But, for reaching this place (MLA or MP) he had already spent
ampoule of money about 25/50 lacs or more from own pocket (party spending
extra), he will think first that how can I recover this money back and
vicious circle of corruption starts!

Please think over it and point out me if I am wrong. Corruption starts from
highest level and spread in the lower level. In Government departments also,
corruption in higher level like IAS officials are very huge, where they take
huge money from several lacs to crores according to project they have to
passed/signed. This money will go to politician also so both IAS/politicians
are working together with honesty for taking bribe. If politicians show
honesty/will (?), then no one dares to make corruption even at lower level.
So, first culprit is politicians who collects money and raises funds for
their political parties and come in the goodwill of high command. Political
parties use this huge funds collected to fight the election. So, politics
have become real profession or one kind of business only and not the social
activity. Elections are won today by money/muscle power.

Since independence the system of fighting the election was faulty and fund
was collected from big business houses and then this business houses started
influence the government policies. So, after independence, our so called
visionary leaders had failed to apply the proper system for source of money
required to fight election and now it has become evil.

Thanks
Bipin