[Reader-list] Plight of the Pandits; Silence of the Pundits

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 23:06:16 IST 2010

Adithya,
the basic issue is the plight of citizens of india in the hands of leaders
who are hellbent on vote bank and garnering and cornering votes on emotive
issues, with emotions played to galleries, the sane approach and good
governance going for the toss. pandits constitute a small votebank of just
about 3 percent votes of the polled percentage of 55 percent at the peak
level as against enmasse vote percentage of 17 percent votes of "muslim'
votebank, 7 percent of catholic votes and the story of hindu votes is still
worse with caste, upper, lower, other backward castes dividing the votes in
to less than 3 percent and fuedal lords having a say in bulk voting on one
hand, cadres rigging the votes on the other hand, none are bothered about
the genuine sufferings of the citizens or the good governance of ALL
citizens. bhopal tragedy is indicative of tokenism, naxal violence is
another token of bad governance so is the scemes for the poor and down
trodden where funds are systematically siphoned off to the deep pockets by
the system leaders of all walks of life as Honest prime minister devotes his
time to stone wall the questions in media, classified informations
considered secret and even RTi can not touch the corrupt in all walk of life
including judiciary as the judges close ranks to save their own corrupt.
Shame less judges like the chief justice of karnataka who is clinging on to
the chair with land grabbing cases against him with fig leaf of technical
grounds is another token of what is wrong in the system just as another set
of judges of supreme court adorning the high offices of benefits in TRUSTS
and commissions of various nomenclatures  of human rights, inquiries etc are
the token of whitewsh that is going on in the free India.With flow of funds
from "charities of catholic and islam faiths  the numerical strenght of the
followers is rapidly rising to make india a state of conflict nation with
faiths and its followers having to fight with each other on one hand and on
the other there is left, ultra left and moderate left to contend with, with
no leaders with ethical and moral values in public life, their pubic life is
controlled by lobbysts of the type niras, and sunandas for oil coupon
distribution or spectrum sale.
unless each of us, citizens are aware of nationhood and our duties to that
nation rights will be tokens of display.
regards,
rajen.

Rajen.