[Reader-list] dehli caste honour killing

يا سر ~ ɹısɐʎ yasir.media at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 18:04:37 IST 2010

Since we in Pakistan have the same problem, connected to different groups of
people still referred in rural areas as 'caste' as well as tribe or clan
affiliation, as well killing people to extract money as reparation , such is
frequent in karo-kari type cases, which is also refrred to as honour
killing, i wonder what alterbative name could be given to it. i have faoled
to come up with an adequate term. the homour involved in obviosly not honour
but simply dishonour.

After the two famous cases in Naseerabad in Balochistan and on in Punjab,
with the minister defending the conduct as tribal custom [!!] Niilofur
Farrukh organized a traveling art show with the theme "No Honour in Killing'
!

Its shameful !!  but the media is on it like dogs if a story breaks, but
many are not reported at all. a similar problem exists in jordan, turkey,
etc.

best