[Reader-list] More on little kashmiri boys

Junaid justjunaid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:45:28 IST 2010

Dear Pawan,

Thanks for your translation effort. It is just that "Baccha Khor" is
not a Kashmiri word but an Urdu one--and means "child eater" or
"child-killer" as in "Aadam Khor"--the man-eater. There is a Kashmiri
(countryside) phrase too which sounds similar, but simple logic would
suggest the use of that meaning will make no sense in the context.

Also, I took the word "Baccha Khor" from the article that Sonia had
posted. I don't particularly have any liking for verbal overkill.

Keep well,
Junaid