[Reader-list] Fwd: Feel free, Mr. Husain. Go paint Qatari leaders

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:57:42 IST 2010

Dear Anupam

This is the only country where objection means violence, or will lead to
violence. So when I wrote that, I just meant that they will not indulge in
violence, or as a penalty lead the life of refugees. That is the appropriate
punishment for people.

As far as unnecessary and necessary are concerned, what about the useless
and frivolous emails one keeps getting on this forum regarding fights among
people on issues of secularism and counter-secularism/communalism etc? Are
they necessary? I know we can't have better discussions (I have lost hopes
of that, with all the opposition I had over sending the Right to Food
articles and also on other issues in the hope that people will get over
it).  What do such arguments serve the purpose of anyway? Did you ever
change your ideas? Did those who object to your mails change from them?
Never. Do you expect them to change? It would be a joke if you were to think
so.

Think about their necessity first, before commenting on others' necessary
and unnecessary ideas and conclusions.

Rakesh