[Reader-list] FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 00:13:32 IST 2010

Dear Rakesh,
                        I think and consider the betterment of the Law and Order situation in Bihar without going into the nitty-gritty of the statistics to be good enough to commend the CM. I don't go by the stats but what is the feeling of a common man about the general administration system and well being. You can come out with similar data even for UP and say Mayawati has done well where today I read the news of 100 Brahmin advocates being sacked from Govt responsibilty ( will try to find out the news item), sacking of the Addl Cabinet Secretary for not handing media for BSP celebrations properly.(Also see today's NDTV Big Fight discussion). It is general governance which makes a CM good, bad ,better ,commendable and as also the perceptions whether right or wrong by the common man.
By the way Nitish Kumar got some NDTV award as well for good governance.
You may justify Mr Lalu Prasad/Rabri Devi to be good CMs but I consider the current CM to be better and that is all.It is more of attitudnal than of statistical things I meant.
If you feel differently you are definitely entitled to keep your views, the question of discussion was only Gujarat.Good deeds need to be commended and bad ones condemned be it Gujarat or any other state or even a person.That was what was my intention.
Regards,

(A.K.MALIK)