[Reader-list] Yousuf & Manmohan

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Tue May 4 00:39:02 IST 2010

Kshmendra Kaul :

> Dear Yasir
>
> Yes, Buddhist Heritage of Pakistan is being spoken about and worked upon.
> It is treated as being distinct from Hindu Heritage. There are 2
> other reasons. One, the great potential of Buddhist-Tourism. Second,
> (devious as ever Pakistan) to establish a connection with the
> Buddhist-Dalits of India.

in pakistan their is a peculiar mix of budhist and hindu, and then it also
gets mixed up with muslim pirs and shrines, some of whom i am sure were
hindu sites before. so their are many hindu-muslim mixed figures of saints,
both sindh and punjab

I am sure anyone would like to visit taxasila or the silk route trail ... in
the north it is strongly buddhist. closer to sindh it is not. there are many
old temples and sites, but hindu muslim, jain and british , all are falling
apart beause the govt cant take of them. we sometimes work with the
archaeology dept and are very interested in preserving all of this
invaluable common heritage, as, too put it mildly, its disappearing through
neglect and corruption, or simply lack of attention. imagine, one tribal
sardar attacks and detroys 7000 year old relics from mehergarh, because the
sardar on whose land the dig was, was getting too much attention. so we ve
got other problems too worry about.

you dont have to add the conspiracy bit. that's too isi, and not relevant
here, even if true.

 Hindu Heritage of Pakistan being promoted? You must be joking. Could you
> give some significant examples comparable with the promoting of the Buddhist
> Heritage?

 our own group Mauj Collective made a documentary on  heritage sites
includinga temple on the sea  on manora island, this was funded by Goethe
and shown in many places. we worked withe archaeology dept of Sindh on this.
One of our members is doing work in abbotabad on saving the paintings in
mountains from a dam that is being made.  theres also the temples and
different living hindu communities of karachi, which are documented in
Rumana Husain's book on karachi - which is getting wide publicity. then
there are people who are working against the blashphemy laws___ so this list
is also not small - it is significant and will become bigger.

Nothing wrong with "using religion to promote love". That is perhaps the
> only useful aspect of "Religions".
>
> But, you 'promote love' where there is reciprocity. India would be idiotic
> to repose such trust in Pakistan until Pakistan continues to teach hate
> against India  and propagate it by both word and action.

sounds like one hand clapping