[Reader-list] UID CARD Doubts

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Fri May 14 14:58:49 IST 2010

Dear Bipin and Rajendera,

Maybe I am as possessive about the fuzziness of a uinque ID as perhaps
you are about it non existent benefits.

But your mail was interesting. although it appeared fuzzy about
identity. Let me explain why-

You write-

Let me answer that your identity can
define by only one person, your MOTHER.

- Are we to assume that all the orphans, who do not know who their
mothers are, do not know who they are? If they do, then don't you
think, that maybe having an identity and having a mother have little
relationship maybe there are more aspects to a being which are at play
here.

Furthermore  I am glad that you brought the whole issue of
Bharatamata. By using Baharatamata I am sure you mean to use it as an
allegorical reference to India.

Is this only name we have for India? What about other names like
Bharata, Hindustan, Hind, Tenjiku or Jambudvipa? Do you think these
names, referring to a piece of land which lies on the north of the
equator between 6°44' and 35°30' north latitude  and 68°7' and 97°25'
east longitude and is also sometime known as India, are any less
important than Bharatamata?  Or would have rather wanted India to be
called as Nation number: 979BX. From the time immemorial to all times
to come. Do does your heart crunch thinking that India is not called
979BX, that why did a person like Mr. Nilekani was not born 5000 years
ago when they still making all those horses or bulls or whatever they
were making at Harappa and why did he not quietly name the land 979BX
and burned a clay tablet and hid it somewhere.

Tell me do you miss a heartbeat.

Isn't it superbly fuzzy to have all these names? All these names?
Isn't it nice to have such a rich history, marked by all these name
tags?

Furthermore, I find the identity of Bharatamata fuzzy. The reason
being, if Bharat is Mata only then what is Bharat varsha?

See if you are a 'woman' you cannot be a 'realm' right. These are two
different entities. So all Mata's of this world have a gender which is
common to them. Right?

But realms or varsha's have no gender. A realm, as we all know, is in
fact a dominion of a Monarch. The monarch, I suppose was Bharat. And
bharat was not even called Bharat till he was six. Was he not called
by the name of Saravadamana? or would you have rather preferred it to
be called 979BX. Tell me Bipin.

And don't you remember the whole loss of identity episode the Bharat's
Mata i.e. Shakuntala when to meet Bharat's Papa i.e Dushyanta. And did
Dushyanta not use the act of failure to identify her as a ploy so that
people accept her as his true wife? I mean I do not want to bore
everyone with details of something which everybody knows.

But now I am curious to know from you, that whether you would have
preferred the name Bharatavarsha to a number, a unique number 979BX?

And Rajendra thank you for adding layers of fuzziness to the question
of identity-

-I am who I am,my faith is in humanity, my belief is to be humane, and
I believe faith begins when the knowledge ends., and sab ka mali ek
hai.naam anek.-

This is truly poetic. I think it represents the complexity of human
beings isn't it. I would love to hear what Mr. Nikelani would say when
he asks the question, Who are you and gets an answer like- ' I am who
I am,my faith is in humanity, my belief is to be humane'

Tell me, do you think that a dull twelve digit number truly represents
who you are?

Warm regards

Taha