[Reader-list] From an art class with kids at Mumbai Mobile Creches

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:52:36 IST 2010

Excerpts from
http://conversationcompiler.blogspot.com/2010/05/five-giraffes-finding-their-way.html

Our giraffes have hopefully reached Ola Helland of Stavanger, Norway. In our
art class at MMC, we painted giraffes for his One Million Giraffes project.
And hoped that he wins that bet with his friend.

The kids were full of questions like: 'Will he accept ours?', 'Why does he
want it?', 'Where does he live?', 'How will you send it?'...

I was hoping to get pictures of all the kids with their giraffes but the
camera battery died. Here's what we did.

We used various regional newspapers to celebrate the pluralism that is
India. And I love the Urdu script. The Urdu paper looked like a painting.

Note: To view the pictures, go to the link mentioned above.

To read about the One Million Giraffes Project, visit
http://www.onemilliongiraffes.com/