[Reader-list] On Communal Violence and its proximity to Census

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Thu May 27 13:34:30 IST 2010

Dear All

I was wondering yesterday, why is it that in the last twenty years two
of the most violent of communal clashes have erupted just the year
after the census?

I am of course referring to 2002 and 1992.

 Inquiries instituted to asses the riots have often accepted the use
of voter lists by the rioters to kill specified persons with precision
and planning. Could it be a reason, why the far right of India are not
opposing the UID? Digital data. Fingerprint recognition. Even Spatial
mapping too, who knows! Is that why people who could use this
technology to murder others want this mapping of identities to happen
at any cost?

Are we going to witness an unprecedented scale of mass murder in India
in years to come?

I know these are probably stupid, totally unfounded, irrational
thoughts and I really don't know where these thoughts came from.....

Warm regards

Taha