[Reader-list] BRUTAL MAOIST

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Fri May 28 17:20:18 IST 2010

Everybody knew (and even I in a certain sense, though I was only 7 yrs
old), that 'we' (in France) had a real war on the hands in Algeria, when
in 1957, the night trains stopped running there. This is what I feel for
India right now - but allow for and excuse the association - everyone
makes the one that  'resonates' with her or his own context.

> Since last some time maoist carried series of attack and today's mischief
> of
> derailing Gyaneshwari Express in WB where 65 killed and more than 200
> injured. Now it's time to treat maoist with strictest iron hand. They
> become
> even worse than terrorist. They are proving terrorist little better with
> their brutal series of acts.

Bipin's argument unfortunately also resonates with the reactionnary
'Algerie Francaise' French people of the day (I know, my mother was one of
them): demanding for a  'total' war than could not be won - and was not.
The Algerian independence movement, FLN, was dubbed by the same people
also 'worse than terrorists' btw.

> Where is Aundhati? Why she is keep quite with all these brutal acts? Those
> believe that their acts are for protecting rights of tribal/poor than they
> are fool. This is not the way and justified what they are doing.

The problem with India (besides being 'North india' ;-) is that it is not
one nation but many, or at least two - the one of the haves and the one of
the have-nots. And they are falling apart more everyday. And the nation
that thinks it will win by military might will not in the end. Nether
probably will the other, alas.

> It's time to treat them with strictest possible way since they are
> creating
> war like situation.

Good Morning Vietnam!