[Reader-list] On my view of Nandan Nilkeni

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 18:01:14 IST 2010

Dear Bipin

Thank you for your mail.

I am glad that your mind is clear about UID. UID appears to giving
fake identities to Indians based on estimates. UID does not clarify
what it means by identity. It seems to be hell bent on deploying some
fuzzy idea of identity. Therefore it is quite clear that you are not
interested getting some sort of clarity by what is meant by individual
identity. It is also clear that you are in favor of a massive transfer
of funds for UID project. I am now beginning to feel that UID may
emerge has biggest exercise on earth in distributing fake identities
to people based on 'estimates'. So I am clear that you are clear that
UID must never be scrapped. UID is also clear that it is not it's
responsibility as far as the issue of safety of personal data is
concerned. Its the responsibility of contractors. After all in India
everyone is innocent till proven guilty. Chor toh wohi nah jo pakda
jai nah jigar! So it is clear that in days to come the market maybe
flooded with personal identities of millions of Indians. It's time to
have another Gujarat 2002. It's clear. Absolutely. Sir. It is clear
that UID is distributing fake identities. It is clear that funds are
going to be transferred. It is also clear that those funds can also be
transferred for other less important uses like building a network of
sewers. It is also clear that you are clear that it is okay for the
funds to go to fake purposes masquerading as original help. Good!

it seems Bipin we have reached some clarity after all, phew!

Thank you,

Happy sunday to you,

Warm regards

Taha