[Reader-list] On my view of Nandan Nilkeni

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Mon May 31 13:58:02 IST 2010

Dear Bipin,

Is it not wishful thinking that if we for instance look at something
and does not acknowledge its presence and believe it to be not there.
The thing in itself does not disappear doesn't it.

There appears to be gross inconsistencies in the manner in which
-identity- is framed by UID. Telling a person that this is your
identity based on estimates is irrational, unreasonable and
unacceptable. That identity would be a fake identity. IF we allow UID
to do what it is doing then by the end of this exercise UID may become
Unique Fake Identity Authority of India.

There must be a serious review of how UID intends to collect
identities. Because it is allowing gross inconsistencies to creep into
the system. IT is setting up a precedent of practice which is vague
and ambiguous. This is not a reasonable attitude at all.

And to put it on the record perhaps for the fourth or fifth time. I am
not opposed to UID. I am skeptical about it. I will continue to be so
till I can't doubt it. There is a difference between opposition and
skepticism I would appreciate if you can acknowledge it.

Off the record- what happened to your jokes Bipin? You not feeling
funny anymore?

Warm regards

Taha