[Reader-list] A failed child-labour rescue and other dilemmas ofJamia Nagar

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:57:10 IST 2010

It's a good question Yousuf but sadly you won't find a reasonable answer on
this list. The answer requires little rational thinking, but of late we are
reacting emotionally most of the time ont his list.
I would like to say though that Indian intelligentsia is largely complicit
in this on going human rights violation. There is a hidden property in the
definition of human rights, that unless it is the state involved it can't be
called violation.
If your name suggested that you were Hindu, by now a lot of people would
have pelted their metaphorical stones at you. Yours seems to be a minority
voice, we don't give a damn for the minorities with in minority. Those who
can bark the loudest get heard. I hope Jamia Solidarity kind of organization
will be formed at JMI to help these children.
I wonder if Islam says anything against child labor. I can say for sure
though that it does not say anything in favor of it.

Keep asking the tough question. May be you will some day get a satisfactory
answer.