[Reader-list] ‘CRZ norms should not violate State's rights'

Samvit samvitr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:27:30 IST 2010

Hello Peter,
In India it is very sad that marine life and the fragile marine
eco-system is not given much importance. It seems we are too obsessed
with the tiger.
I know some friends who have been pushing the Goa government to remove
the River Princess from the Candolim beach. The ship belongs to a
prominent business house and has been stuck near the beach for many
years. This has played havoc with the eco-system of Candolim. Half of
the ship has rusted and fallen apart. This has killed much of the fish
near that place. Also, it has hurt many a swimmers and locals of the
Candolim area.

I suggest that you study the River Pricess story, it is a classic case
of passing the buck from one agency to another.
-Samvit Rawal