[Reader-list] Natgrid will kick in from May 2011. Is the big brother threat for real?

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:01:41 IST 2010

"Indeed, in a pending case about invasion of privacy, the Delhi High Court
observed: “We have no clear definition of what is meant by ‘invasion of
privacy’ within the RTI Act.” Indeed, we have no equivalent of the UK’s Data
Protection Act, 1998, Section 2 (Sensitive Personal Data), which reads as
follows:

In this Act, “sensitive personal data” means information such as:
• The racial or ethnic origin of the subject
• His/her political opinions
• His/her religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature
• Whether he/she is a member of a trade union
• His/her physical or mental health condition
• His/her sexual life
• The commission or alleged commission by him/her of any offence
• Any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been
committed by him/her, the disposal of such proceedings or the court
sentencing.

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main47.asp?filename=Ne131110Natgrid_will.asp