[Reader-list] 2G Tapes

SJabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:05:01 IST 2010

Actually some of this is pretty funny:

Radia tapes

ŒI Know Who Planted In Congress That Azhagiri Knows No English¹

A. Raja, Former telecom minister

 Full Monty: The Raja-Radia Tapes
<http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?268064>

***

Niira Radia: How are you?
A. Raja: Haan...what is Kani telling?
NR: She¹s telling that she¹s okay about it. She has no  problem. But the
only thing is that somebody has to go talk to Azhagiri, which  you have to
do.
AR: Hmm...
NR: And tell him how (Dayanidhi) Maran has gone and told  (badmouthed him)
AR: Haan, I already spoke with him.
NR: You told him what he (Maran) has told the Congress  leaders in Delhi?
AR: I know who planted things in the minds of the Congress  saying that
Azhagiri doesn¹t know English I know...
NR: No, no. Not only that. That he (Maran) and Stalin will  be the only ones
left to run the party because the old man is senile and he is  not going to
be around any longer, and therefore Congress will be happy doing  business
with him because it will be him. Him eventually, and he controls  Stalin.
This is what he has said.
AR: Oh, ho, ho, ho!
NR: And that Azhagiri is criminal. And he has not even  studied more than
5th standard. That¹s the exact thing that he has told.
AR: Okay, okay.
NR: You go and tell him this, no?
AR: No, I shared with Azhagiri. Azhagiri in turn went to  speak with Leader
(Karunanidhi).
NR: But he has also said this that in Delhi I¹m the only  one that you have
to deal with eventually because, any case, Stalin will remain  in the state
(Tamil Nadu).
AR: I know, see, I know what type of propaganda he will  manage.

***

AR: Raja here.
NR: Hi! I got a message from Barkha Dutt just now.
AR: Huh?
NR: Barkha Dutt.
AR: What does she say?
NR: She says that she has been following up the story with  the pmo tonight.
In fact, she was the one who told me that Sonia Gandhi went  there. She says
that he has no problem with you, but he has problems with Baalu.
AR: But it has to be discussed with Leader.
NR: Yeah, yeah, he (Azhagiri) has to discuss with the  Leader.
AR: It will be discussed in the morning.
NR: Azhagiri¹s people are saying, why is Maran getting a  cabinet berth when
he is such a senior leader himself?
AR: That is different, but all these things must be explored  and disclosed.
NR: That¹s right.
AR: At least, one to one, let it be disclosed to Leader.  Somebody should
give a message, at least in a sealed cover, that we are having  serious
problems with Baalu.
NR: From Congress, right?
AR: Yes.
NR: Okay, I¹ll tell her. She is talking to Ahmed Patel, so  I will talk to
him.
AR: Let her call at least over phone: Sir, this is  problem‹we are having
high regard‹we are having no problem with Raja, but  problem is Baalu. Tell.
NR: Then how will you resolve the other problem?
AR: Other problems we will take care of slowly, because now  Leader comes
down. Don¹t worry. Even you are saying that Maran is not fit for
infrastructure‹he is having controversy‹right. You send a message.