[Reader-list] the niira radia tapes and rs 600 crores

Aalok Aima aalok.aima at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 15:50:10 IST 2010

interesting as it is to listen into these conversations in the niira radia tapes, there is not much revealed in them that is not already known in general about the goings-on between politicians, journalists and corporate-lobbyists

nothing much that could be termed as 'illegal' is to be found in the tapes

the journalistic ethics of vir sanghvi could be questioned over what seems to be his colluding with niira radia to promote mukesh ambani and favour him in press coverage against his brother anil ambani

for me the most significant thing brought out in the conversations is in this piece:

VIR: Where is this coming from, this pressure?
RADIA: It’s coming from Stalin and his sister Sylvie.
VIR: Okay.
Radia: So, I believe Maran has given about 600 crores to Dayalu, Stalin’s mother.
VIR: 600 Crores, okay?
RADIA: 600 Crores, is what I’m told.
VIR It’s hard to argue with that kind of pressure?

that is what should be investigated ....... did 600 crores change hands? ...... where did those 600 crores come from? ...... where is it lying now?

.......... aalok aima