[Reader-list] Jean Dreze on the UID-Database State in India in the Hindu

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 18:37:59 IST 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Patrice Riemens <patrice at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Methink RFID_tagging the whole Indian population is a much better idea!
> Preferably with a 'destroy' remote command device attached. Then finally
> 'gharib hatao' (*) policies can be effectively implemented!

Partrice,
The agenda is much more serious than that . It is not RFID taging. it is Geo
tagging
See Uncle Sam's (sam pitroda) new project which got approval
http://www.slideshare.net/pmpiii/public-information-infrastructure-4560021

GIS tagging people seems to the most scary joke i have seen in recent
past. It is covering everything other than adding a GPS  Device with gprs
modem to
your body

> (*) don't underestimate my Hindi...
>

> > Main intention of UID is to keep watch on criminals and terrorist. Once
> > the data is maintained it will be very easy task to keep watch on such
> > anti national elements. I don't understand why worry about its
> > confidentiality. When election data is an open document and nobody
> objects
> > to it than why for UID. UID will be worrisome for those involved in
> > antinational activity.
> >
> > However, it should be made compulsory with fingerprints than only it will
> > serve its purpose, else it's of no use.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bipin Trivedi

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and 'nonnumerical'
algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from other kinds of precise
information." - Donald Knuth