[Reader-list] Fwd: The Indian version of the map named “Jammu and Kashmir” is a cartographic illusion,

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:45:34 IST 2010

India often talks about “Pakistani-occupied Kashmir” but never mentions
Aksai Chin, the area under Chinese control since 1962. There was no mention
of China in the 1994 special resolution. In fact, such demands are never
made to the Chinese. Kashmiris see this as a duplicitous position that
avoids facing China but seeks confrontation with Pakistan, which has
significantly less military power.

US did Iraq but not North Korea or USSR because Iraq was weak. It's a
universal tendency to ignore the injustices of the stronger. Besides China
is not willing to rule Kashmir, Pakistan is. I believe Kashmiris should be
asked if they wanted to be ruled by China. Kashmir will be better of as part
of china than an independent country which will end up being another Somalia
if not worse.