[Reader-list] Fw: PSEUDO SECULARISTS NOW OPPOSING AYODHYA JUDGEMENT

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:31:59 IST 2010

The moot question is something everybody has missed out, and that should
have been answered: will we keep on demolishing buildings and correcting all
kinds of historical wrongs? Is that ever possible?

That is the main problem.

Let us assume that indeed a Ram temple existed on the site. Let us also
assume that it was Babar who wanted to show Hindus as coward and celebrate
his victory by destroying the temple first and then getting a mosque built
on the very same land. He was a barbarian to have done the act (or if
someone else did that, that person was the barbarian).

Now the question is essentially this: if this act was done in 1528, and
today is 1992 or even 2010, should we destroy the mosque and then build the
temple to correct the historical wrong?

If yes, then by that logic, there would be so many temples which were
destroyed to make mosques by rulers who had no respect for faith. Should we
destroy all those mosques?

More than that, if it were ever to be found that my home had actually a
temple (or a mosque/church etc.) built on it before the British or some
other authority destroyed it, and then my forefathers built my home on it or
started living on it, would it be right for people (anybody, the ASI, VHP,
BMAC, SWB and so on) to destroy my house because their place of worship
existed before my home?

And if yes, for how long? 500 years ago? What about 1,000 years ago? What
about say 1,500 years ago? Or is that too old to believe?

If the wrong of 500 years back is to be corrected, why not that of 1,000
years ago? Why not before that?

And how many homes or places of worship or other buildings would be
destroyed this way?

And if people say this is only specific for Ayodhya, then why Ayodhya? Why
not Kashi? Why not Baba Budaangiri? Why not say your and my home? Who will
decide whether to start this process or not? Me? You? VHP? BMAC? ASI? Prime
Minister? Advani or Modi? Anyone else?

Rakesh