[Reader-list] Fwd: Kashmir Unveiled

kamalhak at gmail.com kamalhak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:42:16 IST 2010

Dear Inder,
Don't you think you are mixing the societal ambitions of communities with pan national aspirations of people whose perceptions are dictated by supposedly discriminatory policies of the state. You have introduced a new paradigm to whole debate by equating linguistic aspirations of Haryana with faith based discourse of Kashmiris. This could be interesting in presence of any genuine credence.  I am not aware of any mass scale exodus of Panjabi speaking people in the aftermath of the division of erstwhile state. To the contrary Kashmir has been witness to the worst displacement of people forced into exodus in anticipation of a totalitarian dispensation. Now please don't bring in Jagmohan into this.

I don't approve of what Srilanka did in its northern parts. Perhaps, India could have managed the turmoil in Kashmir more sensibly. But I firmly refuse to exonerate both Tamil leadership in Sri Lanka and KM leadership in Kashmir for leading the gullible masses on a path of misery and suffering.

Regards,

Kamal Hak
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel