[Reader-list] Mir on Ayodha dispute

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 22:08:32 IST 2010

Poor judges, poor media. No matter what they say there will be someone to
attack them. When it looked like some give and take will resolve the
problem, the proponents of no land even of the size of the point of a needle
have woken up. Here the judges are giving them 2-3rd, and the other party
1-3rd. Life will be so much boring in India if the Masjid-mandir dispute is
resolved.

It was surprising to hear the voices from both parties that wanted to
resolve the dispute and put the matter to rest.

There seems to be the festival of getting poetic on reader list:

Those who wanted to resolve, I heard them say:

Kya the ham kya ho gae
Aur kya honge abhi
Aao ham mil baith
Suljhaaen samasyaaen sabhi

(What we used to be, what have we become and what will we be in future {if
this goes on}. Let us sit together and resolve all the problems between us).

But what was not surprising was that those who didn't want the matter to
resolve, there voices were allowed to become prominent. I heard them say:

Laathi goli khaange
Ham mandir vaheen banaaenge
Saugandh ram ki khate hain
Ham masjid vaheen banaeenge.

I hear the messengers of peace say again:

Chal Khusaro ghar aapne
Raen bhai chahun des.

(It's time to go back home (says Amir Khusaro) it's dark all around.)

Media and judges always have someone to attack them, no matter what they
say, I hear them say

Sacchi baat kahi thi mein ne
Logon ne suli par charhaya
Zahar ka mujhko jaam pilaya
Fir bhi un ko chan na aaya.

Sab se behtar kabhi na banna
Jag ke rahvar kabhi na banna
Pir payamvar kabh na banna.

Sacchi baat kahi thi mein ne.

(I said the right thing, people crucified me, made me drink poison, still
they were not happy.

Sigh