[Reader-list] Call for Submissions: Pratilipi Special Issue on Kashmir

Chintan Girish Modi chintan.backups at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 11:41:46 IST 2010

From
http://monicacontinues.blogspot.com/2010/10/call-for-submissions-pratilipi-special.html

 Call for Submissions: Pratilipi Special Issue on
Kashmir<http://monicacontinues.blogspot.com/2010/10/call-for-submissions-pratilipi-special.html>
I'm curating a special issue on Kashmir for *Pratilipi<http://www.pratilipi.in/>
*. The immediate provocation of course is the cycle of killings and protests
that has gripped the Valley since June. I've been wondering: Can art - along
with what we know as analysis and activism - analyze, activate, respond? Can
art change the discourse? Challenge it? At least introduce a ripple in it?

ALTERNATE CALL:

If something can change a dream, or a nightmare, art can. The dream life of
art can take us outside the most relentless of curfews and also to its most
relentless inside. Every stroke of a pen, a brush, on a keyboard can wrap
inside itself a stone which will heal a scar, stop violence, and bring
what's disappeared back. Do you believe? We must believe.

Your mandate for investigation: Kashmir.

Inviting poetry, fiction, non-fiction, genre-crossings, translations,
images, artwork, sound, video, and other art practices. Entries are welcome
in English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Urdu, and other languages.

Please consider submitting your work, or forwarding the call to people who
you think would be interested. Not every entry might find place in the
magazine, but the idea is to find other/multiple ways in which we can
present/display the art and mobilize it.

Submit to artforkashmir at gmail.com by November 20, with your name and a brief
bio.