[Reader-list] Wikileaks and the End of America!

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:22:15 IST 2010

I thought we all knew about American excesses and human right violation
cases. What current leaks by Wiki leaks has drawn attention to is the Iraqis
maltreating and torturing other Iraqis. There were some other leaks that
showed how some Pakistani troops tortured prisoners. US has stopped funding
those platoons found involved in torture.
It's easy to blame it all on America but Taliban, insurgents in Pakistan,
insurgents in Iraq are also have to share blame in decimation. What do you
say of the conditions with in those countries that America could exploit.
What do you say of the people with in those countries, Afghanistan and Iraq,
who feel more comfortable because of US's presence and do not want the one
involved in genocide to pull out yet?
Simplifying is easier, why not try a more challenging, problematizing
approach?