[Reader-list] Azadi: The Only Way ­ Report from a Turbulent Few Hours in Delhi

Aditya Raj Baul adityarajbaul at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:04:31 IST 2010

I like it how Sonia Jabbar wants to hold Kashmir hostage to history -
to the histories of India and Pakistan, to the history of what Geelani
has or has not done, has or has not said. She does not think history
is irrelevant to today's people who want azadi today in today's
context - sorry, she says, India has signed the Simla agreement, and
Geelani is a fanatic. Thank you. Fair enough, I suppose. But will she
apply the same rigours of historical understanding to the Indian state
and its actions in Kashmir? Please?