[Reader-list] From the English daily, Kashmir Images

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 01:20:22 IST 2010

Friends,

S Jabbar has asked a good question " What Next "   There is no answer, but ...

These days i am thinking about the role of "Detail" in our life, since
we are mostly driven by something which is logically and boldly
defined.  Detail is perhaps, more poetic, but i see a huge
undercurrent of politics too in it. Detail is closer to texture, small
movements of particles under the water. I sometimes see the image with
a magnifier, even if the image is quite visible to the naked eye.
Derrida says there if FIRE in Magnifier.

i see lot of good thought around in the discussion. but if we bring '
the detail ' into the conversation of grand narrative, i see, human
beings asking similar questions in the world in different ways, They
are about restoration of right, mostly, if not always change of
territories, but there is an analogue, always...  even when they go
out and cheat their spouses. there is something more to us on this
planet earth, than meets the eye. We will never be content with one
independence, but a series of it...

 sometimes it is explicitly about  freedom from the territory, which
people see as bartan ( pot ) cooking them all the time, and others see
it something very essential, similar to the existence of God. But if
we discover that our misery is emanating out from this hierarchy of
form over the detail, then our optimism may be a little realistic.
Presently, most of the philosophers/intellectuals see the world coming
to an end, sooner or later, given the way we manage our
systems/styles. Thanks to "IWC" ( integrated world capitalism, )

Most of the poor people, yes, dont know even that they are suffering
because the State is indifferent to them ( read eg ,our food grains
rot ). but when the entire country is controlled by those who steal
our Time, ( read,Media and other numerous unimportant distractions )
we probably do some violence to our own consciousness, by not looking
around the vital Details which sustain us.

We also do some violence to the rights of those who dare to say:" we
want change".if  we hesitate to say that these voices are closer to
details, not about Statuesque.

There was a time, when leadership was moving the people like sheep,
and never bothered about the details of masses. There is no time with
us to sing songs for those great leaders, but we may dream some new
thought: which does not need a rudderless  leadership to siphon
Rs.600000 crores  for CWG in Delhi. ( games of politicians ), we need
to invest in Details, very sincerely, not to imitate the so called
developed world's design and structure... ( economy of which is mostly
sustained by monopoly of trade practices )

We perhaps,  need, some madness even.

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com