[Reader-list] The Future Belongs to Ghosts

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:36:07 IST 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Inder Salim <indersalim at gmail.com> wrote:

> What does Derrida mean when he says "The future belongs to ghosts"?
> Here's an excerpt of him talking about what it means, but its a little
> over my head. Can someone tell me what he's saying in plain English
> and what his main point is? You don't have to read this thing if you
> already know. I just put it there for reference.

He accepts most of phenomenology. His view is that:
Technology will get more complicated and less comprehensible in future
for most people.
It is this technology that will determine their general awareness.
So they will have the same disposition to 'reality' as ghosts are
supposed to have.

Best

A. Mani

--