[Reader-list] Separatists in Kashmir demand 'Islamic State' - The Sunday Indian Magazine

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:00:45 IST 2010

The real face of separatist goons is out in open. We saw them coming out and
burning public property all over Srinagar even on this holy day of Eid. All
this happened under directions from terrorist Yasin Malik of JKLF and hate
monger Mirwaiz. They called it peace march to Lalchowk. Pakistani flags were
being unfurled by extremist elements on rooftops of Lalchowk. Police was
asked to maintain restrain as always. It seems the Hawala money is still
pouring in from across the border or perhaps it has been blocked completely
and the frustration in out on the road.

It was important here to share with list members an interview of extremist
separatist Aasiyeh (Asiya) Andrabi who is openly advocating an 'Islamic
State' and feels not to bother about non-muslims. Tathagata Bhattacharya and
Haroon Reshi report from ground zero for The Sunday Indian Magazine.

best,
--
Aditya Raj Kaul

India Editor
The Indian, Australia

Web: http://activistsdiary.blogspot.com/

**
*Aasiyeh Andrabi

**“We want an Islamic state”*
**
*Link - http://www.thesundayindian.com/12092010/storyd.asp?sid=9502&pageno=3
*

*What is your assessment of the current situation in the Valley?*

The people of J&K, specially the Muslims, have long been denied the right of
self-determination by India. So since June, the people have waged the Quit
J&K movement. This is a mass uprising in which the young and the old, women
and children, all are taking part. Of course, India is applying brute force
to quell this uprising. They are even using pellet guns which are used to
target animals. Israel uses the same against Palestinian protestors.

*What about Hindus who are majority in Jammu, Buddhists who are the majority
in Ladakh, the Sikhs and even the Shia Muslims?*

We are least concerned with non-Muslim decisions. Muslims are the majority
and their decision is going to be the final one.

*Suppose you get azadi. What next? Geelani wants something, Mirwaiz wants
something else, Yasin Malik wants something entirely different. Where do you
see your demands fitting in here?*

I can't talk about Geelani or anyone else for that matter. I want accession
with Pakistan. For now, our one-point agenda is freedom from India.

*You are widely recognised as the most radical Islamist hardline voice of
the Valley. What kind of Kashmir do you want to create?*

Islam is Islam. There is only one true Islam. Inshallah, the Shariat, law of
Islam, will become the law of the land too. I don't want Islamic law just
for Kashmir but for the entire world. People will be more secure under
Islamic law.

*Will there be any place for music, cinema, art, literature in the Islamic
state you wish to create?*

In Quran, it is written that music is even more harmful than wine. People
lose their senses when they listen to western and film music. They represent
the culture of non-humans. Hollywood and Bollywood are globally responsible
for criminalisation of society and other evils. So we will not allow that.
There will be no place for nude and obscene painting. Literature is fine but
if it criticises Islam, we won't allow it.

*Do you want to follow any Islamic state as an example?*

There is no ideal Islamic state. Looking at foreign policy, I will give 75 %
to Iran.

You have been a supporter of armed struggle in Kashmir. But these militants
have killed many innocent people in Kashmir and in the rest of India.

Today, the world knows about Kashmir because of the Mujahideen's actions. I
don't believe they have killed any innocent Kashmiris. They may have killed
informers of the Indian security forces. They have done the right thing.

*What about the attacks in Mumbai?*

The Mumbai attacks were the handiworks of Indian Intelligence and CIA.

*Suppose you get the Indian part of Kashmir and the Pakistani part. How will
you get the part under Chinese control?*

First let's get freedom from India. We will think about China then.