[Reader-list] Inviting Support for Jalebi Ink: Media for Young People

Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 13:36:40 IST 2010

Excerpts from http://is.gd/fohHJ -

Jalebi  Ink is an independent content space for young people where they talk
about, report and write on their world, their news, issues that matter to them.
We promote the right of young people to be heard. We have expertise in  the
conceptualization and production of media by and for young people  across
multiple platforms, including online, television, radio, print  and publishing.

Recently, one of our citizen journalism projects – This Used To Be My Playground
(a project to map disappearing play spaces in urban areas) -- was shortlisted
for the prestigious 2010 Knights Challenge Award.

I am sending you some links to Jalebi Ink’s ongoing projects.

Best wishes,
Anuradha Sengupta
Founder-Editor
Jalebi Ink
www.jalebiink.com

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jalebi-Ink/120863297941920

Flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jalebiink/sets/

We are currently looking for partners/sponsors/funds/coprorate tie-ups for the
following:

1. The Jalebi Ink website. Ads, sponsors etc. There's a whole lot of sections
that are sponsor-friendly.

2.We are also looking for all kinds of volunteers  - the most important are
designers for our website and our newspaper. And people who will help us get
funds and tie-ups. The latter will get paid on a commission basis.

3.People/ organisations like Dell, Apple, Canon etc who will donate equipment
like cameras, computers, laptops etc (used and new) for our projects.

SPONSORS, ADS and CORPORATE TIE-UPS ARE ALSO NEED FOR THE FOLLOWING JI PROJECTS

1. EarthTalk: Our monthly newsmagazine on the environment produced entirely by
children and young people.

Our future plans include creating an online presence for EarthTalk  including
video and audio clips. The newspaper will be distributed  through newsstands,
bookstores, clubs etc and through subscriptions.
We will be partnering with Dharavi's ACORN  Foundation to help child ragpickers
in the area bring out a newspaper  about their issues.

 4. My Mohalla: Community Portraits & Stories:  Children will research the
visual, oral, and written records of their  own communities for stories and
images to share with others.

This is our most critically acclaimed project. We have had queries from  Prince
of Wales Museum wanting to start the project at their premises.  We have had
people like Cannes award-winning director Faiza Khan wanting  to document the
project. Hindustan Times has called it "a living diary  for Mumbai by children".