[Reader-list] Debate on Anna Hazare and Draft Jan Lokpal Bill on Kafila.org

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Sun Apr 10 22:55:26 IST 2011

Dear All,

Far from the din of Television, there has been an interesting (and real) debate over the weekend on the 'Anna Hazare + Draft Jan Lokpal Bill Phenomenon'' on Kafila.Org. Here are links to 3 posts, in chronological order, by me, Bobby Kunhu and Aditya Nigam.

I am not posting the entire texts, as that would take up too much space in the body of a single message, but the links are easy to get to. Hope this is of interest to some reader on this list. Apologies for cross posting from Kafila.org

best

Shuddha

1. At the Risk of Heresy: Why I am not Celebrating with Anna Hazare
Shuddhabrata Sengupta, April 9, 2011
http://kafila.org/2011/04/09/at-the-risk-of-heresy-why-i-am-not-celebrating-with-anna-hazare/

2. Of a Few, By a Few, for the Few
Bobby Kunhu (Guest Post)
April 10, 2011
http://kafila.org/2011/04/10/of-a-few-by-a-few-for-the-few-bobby-kunhu/

3. Anna Hazare, Democracy and Politics : A Response to Shuddhabrata Sengupta
by Aditya Nigam
April 10, 2011
http://kafila.org/2011/04/10/anna-hazare-democracy-and-politics-a-response-to-shuddhabrata-sengupta/

Shuddhabrata Sengupta