[Reader-list] FRIDAY: Pot-hole Mending demonstration and planning meeting (for 14 Aug)

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:35:45 IST 2011

Pot-hole Mending demonstration and planning meeting

Time:   Friday, August 12 · 4:00pm - 5:30pm
________________________________
Location:  Sohana Research Farm
Block 1, Gulshan-e-Iqbal (near Iqra University Gulshan Campus)
Karachi, Pakistan
Directions below

________________________________

More Info
http://www.facebook.com/groups/215452295162674/#!/event.php?eid=131798000246234

*** Pot-hole Mending demonstration and planning meeting*

ہم اس بار جشن آزادی اپنے شہر کراچی کی سڑکوں کی مرمت کر کے منا رہے ہیں
...آئیے ہمارا ساتھ دیجئے !

We are celebrating *The Independence Day* by mending pot-holes in our city
Karachi.

Greener Karachi Trust will provide mixture of used oil and sand for this
purpose. We will simply dump this into the holes and level it.

Planning meeting and demonstration is on 12th August, 2011. Activity is
planned for 14th August, 2011.

Help us identify more streets which need pot-hole mending. We will arrange
for the mixture. Spread the word.

Lets make our streets better!

Media is invited on 14th.

Email: crops.in.pots at gmail.com
contact: Yasir Husain 0333 214 954 3
Sohana Farm :021 349 704 78

*Sohana Farm is in Gulshan e Iqbal Block-1. Directions from Gulshan
Chowrangi:*

* From Gulshan Chowrangi go on road towards Rab Medical / Samdani hospital
* Turn Right on 2nd Traffic Light (ie No Turn on 1st Traffic Light)

* Go to end of Road, where you take Left
* Go all the way until you see "Laraib Gardens"
* Take a right into narrow lane just before "Laraib Gardens"
* Sohana Farm gate is on the Left at the end of this lane, next to
construction site.

++++++++++++   ++++++++++++    ++++++++++   ++++++++++

** Mahmood Futehally's Message for Greener Karachi Trust

GREENER KARACHI TRUST

Dear Fellow Citizens,

10th Aug 2011

Greener Karachi Trust has been working for many years to develop an activity
which will not only improve the quality of life for the people of Karachi,
but will also develop their ability to work unitedly, to solve Karachi’s
problems.

After many trials, discussions, demonstrations etc, we have agreed that pot
– hole mending in lanes and streets can be successfully used to win massive
support from members of the private sector in Karachi, by Greener Karachi
Trust.

In view of the opposition which will flare up from the land mafia and other
mafias, including
political parties, if such an effort by GKT begins to achieve rapid success,
it seems advisable to do our initial training and testing work very gently,
only for making sure that our planning is correct, and to make a wide
ranging effort on 14th August, and to involve the media on a big scale, so
that even target killers may hesitate to attack, for fear of being caught by
the large numbers of supporters we shall have.

Word of month is the best means at our disposal, and if even only twenty of
us make an
effort to talk every day to five friends and acquaintances, we can manage to
have ten to fifty demonstration, in as many localities, on 14th August, and
we can probably manage to win media support, as well as columns from Mr.
Cowasji, Mrs. Almeida, Zubeida Mustafa, and others.

We are meeting at 4 p.m. at Sohana Farm, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block 1, on
Friday, 12th August to finalize our planning and request you to attend, and
help with your ideas and suggestion.

For GREENER KARACHI TRUST

Sohana Research Farm, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Block 1, Karachi, Ph: 0300-2322110

list JF env2