[Reader-list] JETHMALANI RAJYA SABHA SPEECH

Bipin Trivedi aliens at dataone.in
Thu Aug 18 20:41:29 IST 2011

Its long speech but must read... main point i am repeating here, "Sir, is it
not a commonsense inference why you are hiding those names? You are hiding
those names because the names are of those people who are today in control
of your party." no body objected or denied this statement from congress
party...!!!

SHRI RAM JETHMALANI (RAJASTHAN): Mr. Vice-Chairman, Sir, I have read the
Prime Minister's statement with great care. I wish he had read, at least,
the morning papers, which frequently, almost incessantly, speak on behalf of
the Congress Party. Take, for example, the Times of India. The Headlines
are: Government Can't Stop August Kranti; A Major Mutiny Erupt Across India.
The extent of the countrywide support has shocked you, Mr. Prime Minister.
The Times of India says, "Spontaneous protests broke out from Baroda to
Bhuvneshwar, from Kanpur to Kochi, leaving the Government gasping at this
amazing demonstration of democratic dissent. I wish the Prime Minister had
the honesty to admit that there has been a demonstration of democratic
dissent and that is being reflected in the large crowds that are assembling
throughout the country, in all parts of the country, including the places
outside India where people are congregating in large numbers and talking of
Anna.

Sir, it was the duty of the Prime Minister, it was the duty of the Congress
Party, the ruling party, and their supporters to find out why is it that the
crowds who don't know Anna, who have not heard of Anna are, now, trying to
come and meet him and kiss his feet, if they can't meet him, they are
willing to kiss the earth on which he has treaded and walked. Why is it
today that the Congress Party is not able to organize some counter
demonstration, adjoining Anna's demonstration, and see how many people come
and attend to you, and see do you they come to kiss your feet or will they
come there to jeer at you, if not spit at you. I wish only to tell you that
the crowds, which are now collecting, are victims of the very corruption
about which Anna has, now, become a prophet who is trying to cook in the
spirit of people; who is going to illumine the brains of people; who is able
to tell them as to who is responsible for this corruption; and, from where
this corruption originates? I wish to give you only two illustrations. In
recent times, the most important aspect of corruption has been the stolen
wealth from this country; the stolen wealth of such a magnitude that if it
was distributed in this country, every Indian family will have two and a
half lakh rupees and poverty will disappear overnight.

Sir, the people who are congregating in these places are people who are
victims of corruption. They are condemned to eternal disease, eternal
malnutrition, eternal lingering death and eternal suicide. It is these
people who are now protesting against what is happening in this country.
Sir, the Prime Minister has never contested any election all his life. I
don't know how he would know the pulse of the people at all. Sir, there is a
problem. You have lost your control of the people's understanding and their
will. You don't understand which way the wind is today blowing. Sir, we are
a poor country. The Germans are a rich country. They wanted to break the
Swiss System of Banking and get at the names of the criminals and dacoits
who have robbed all the countries of the world and stashed money there. What
did they do? They paid Rs. 475 millions to an employee of a bank and got the
names from that employee. They made a public pronouncement that we are
willing to share this information with all friendly Governments without
condition, without any expense, and without any cost. If I was the Prime
Minister, I would form a Group of Ministers and immediately go to Germany,
kiss the feet of the Germans and say please give us the names of the *. We
want to go and prosecute them, punish * Expunged as ordered by the Chair.
them and send them to Tihar Jail where you have sent poor Anna today. They
did nothing of the kind. Their names are not being disclosed even till
today. Till today we have been wrangling. We have gone to the Court and
knocked the doors of the Judiciary. Sir, the names are not forthcoming. They
are being hidden by them. Sir, is it not a commonsense inference why you are
hiding those names? You are hiding those names because the names are of
those people who are today in control of your party. That is why you are not
able to tell us the names. Sir, please give me one more minute. Listen to
one more amazing fact. The United Nations realised that corruption is a
worldwide phenomenon. Therefore, Sir, the United Nations got into action and
created a convention against corruption. India signed it in 2005. But before
it becomes binding, sufficient number of countries have to ratify it. From
2005-2011, they did not ratify that convention because that convention gives
you full access to the information about the dacoits who have stolen the
poor people's money from this country. Sir, ultimately, in May this year,
when they were expecting a very thundering judgement from the Supreme Court
of India about this stolen money, they pretended to ratify the convention.
Sir, the Prime Minister went on record to say, 'See, we have now ratified
the convention. This shows that we have a very honest intention to get back
this money.' But the Prime Minister did not have the ordinary decency and
the ordinary courtesy to tell the people that they had rendered the
ratification useless. Why? This is the * which I wish to expose before this
hon. House. Sir, in August 2010, they called the Swiss Minister and signed a
protocol. They signed a new protocol under which they gave up the right to
require any information about the past. All information will be about the
future and that future will start from 1st April, 2011. When they are
ratifying this convention, they put a reservation. The reservation they have
put is that wherever a bilateral treaty exists, we will act only under that
treaty and not under the convention. Now, you have got a treaty with the
Swiss under which you have given up the right to require any * Expunged as
ordered by the Chair.

ought to go because they don't have the slightest decency and the slightest
integrity.

Bipin <http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1815307777>  Trivedi