[Reader-list] Fwd: [pudr-info] Press Statement: PUDR strongly condemns the unconstitutional and undemocratic act of the Central Government in detaining Anna Hazare and his supporters

Rajkamal Goswami rajkamalgoswami at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:21:46 IST 2011

Dear Sharan,

For now I will answer a few question you have raised: then why fight it? I
am not fighting. Others, who are fighting, may have several reasons,
ideology, personal vendetta, joining the 'in' thing, hero-worshiping, pop
fad, frustration, anger etc. But since the number of fighters is way below
non-fighters (who are least bothered, unaware or donot care) its an
exception and not the rule. To extend your take in your previous mail, no
mass movement becomes a real mass movement unless the
cause/motivation/passion is universally appealing: eg- identity, freedom or
hunger.

and why, then, is it a tragedy? Its a personal tragic feeling because I am
deeply in love with the non-human parts of our planet. I am pretty
passionate about it infact. And I am sure you would agree that love and
passion are among the basic instincts. Hence the personal eulogy. Although I
very well know that my insignificant emotion won't count at all in the
greater scheme of things.

Hope that these clears the cloud of doubt in your mind about my theory.

regards
Rajkamal

--
Rajkamal