[Reader-list] A gentle reminder about ISTR 2012

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Dec 6 17:41:40 IST 2011

Dear All,

I hope you have received my previous email regarding the 8th Annual International Conference of Indian Society for Theatre Research hosted by FLAME School for Performing Arts, Pune.

FLAME established FLAME School of Liberal Education, FLAME School of Business, FLAME School of Communication, which started their first academic year in 2007. In the year 2009, FLAME School of Performing Arts was established as a new initiative. This move was prompted by the success of the Foundation s thriving program of study in theatre, music and dance. Over the past few years, this has led to much collaboration with renowned arts institutions worldwide and critically acclaimed production tours both in India and abroad. We believe that the teaching and promotion of the performing arts must continue to, and further benefit from, the innovative methodology and practices encouraged and upheld by FLAME. FLAME School of Performing Arts has created a five year integrated programme in Theatre, Music and Dance with an option of lateral entry and lateral exit.

It is an appropriate time for FLAME School of Performing Arts to host the Annual International Conference of Indian Society for Theatre Research.

It would be our pleasure if you could participate and contribute to the proceedings of the 8th ISTR conference. Your sharing of knowledge would surely be beneficial to the scholars and practitioners of performing arts.

The theme for this year s conference is  Indian Theatre and Pedagogy: National and International Perspective .

For Call for Papers. You may also visit our website at

http://www.flame.edu.in/campus-buzz/events/viii-annual-international-conference-of-indian-society-for-theatre-research

I request you to kindly pass on this information to your friends as well, who might be interested in attending or participating in the conference.

I hope you would be able to make it to FLAME this year!

With warm regards,
Yours Sincerely,
Vidyanidhee Vanarase (Prasad)
Conference Coordinator