[Reader-list] Media Manager – multi-media (film & photography),Save the Children - London (London, United Kingdom)

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon Dec 12 18:20:38 IST 2011

Ref
6878

Country
England - London Office

Location of the role
Farringdon

Position Type
Permanent

Budget Responsibility
None

Line Management Responsibility
None

Annual Salary and Benefits
£34,000 + pension

Duration

Closing date for applications

Save the Children is the world’s independent children’s charity. We’re working in over 120 countries; saving lives, fighting for children’s rights and helping them reach full potential.
2011 has seen Save the Children at the forefront of UK media presence. We’ve launched our largest ever campaign ‘No Child Born to die’, including a 6 part ITV series and we’ve been a lead voice on the East Africa drought and the Pakistan floods.
This new role of Media Manager – multi-media (film & photography) will join our fast moving news media team.
You will be given responsibility for developing and producing multi-media content – photographic and video – to drive our news and PR, positioning Save the Children as a top UK emergency response agency. The role will also lead on amplifying our news/PR stories through multi-media channels, pitching material to key outlets.
The opportunity offers some overseas travel (approx. five 1 or 2 week trips per year), as well as press office desk work, with the opportunity to use the latest technology to enable us to get material from difficult locations, including supporting others to do the same.
We see you as bringing to Save the Children strong journalistic news skills, and a track-record of telling stories through the visual media, with the ability and contacts to pitch photographic / video into a range of news media outlets.
In return we offer a great salary and the opportunity to work with leaders in the sector in an organisation committed being at the forefront of the UK’s public mind.
Closing date: Midnight 12th January.

Key words: Video journalist journalism (VJ)

Additional Information

Please be aware that applications may be viewed and applicants contacted prior to the close date.

If you want further information on the application process click here    http://www7.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_savethechildren02.asp?newms=info13

We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.  We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.

VIEW THE FULL PROFILE OF THE ROLE

        Job Description Media Manager multi media.doc    http://www7.i-grasp.com/fe/wrapdev_SendFile.asp?key=20398876&c=998651783498&pagestamp=dbxcfsigqqfbjokxon&index=1

 Click here to apply for this role   http://www7.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_savethechildren02.asp?s=RSvEyGRiStPXnXzKslByJaeCbOiqDsTdOFrSiTIvFm&key=20398876&c=998651783498&pagestamp=dbxcfsigqqfbjokxon