[Reader-list] ITS TODAY!! Unclear Energy - Unsponsored by Kalam & the nuclear industry

Rohit Shetti rohitism at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:43:59 IST 2011

“UNCLEAR ENERGY” — A JUSTICE ROCKS CONCERT-CUM-SATIRE

*Unsponsored by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and the Nuclear Industry*

*WHAT:* Using music and satire, we intend to reach out to young audiences
about the dangers of nuclear energy, and expose the lies peddled by the
nuclear establishment. The mascot for the event is a Josiya Kili (parrot)
called Kalma the Kili — a soothsaying parrot that can predict tsunamis,
earthquakes and far more.

*WHEN:* December 15, 2011. 6.30 p.m.
**

*WHERE:* SPACES, 31 Elliots Beach Road, Chennai 600 090

Justice Rocks is a medium to expose youngsters to serious social issues
using satire and music. It is also a demonstration that one can have fun
without s…elling one’s soul to corporations, creating loads of trash or
burning wads of cash. Unlike the norm of hosting concerts and events
sponsored by big and dirty corporations, Justice Rocks organises
“Unsponsored Concerts.” In sponsored concerts, the organisers sing praises
of their sponsors. In “Unsponsored Concerts,” we make fun of our
“unsponsors.”

*Bands playing:*
HIGH HEELS AND A SHOTGUN
VEDANTH
TOTEM
SID
JHANU

*Satire by:*
Theatre for Rights
Reclaim Our Beaches
PK — Undisclosed Name
The Marriage Party

Contact: Campaign for Justice & Peace-Tamil Nadu, c/o H 16/9, Seevakan
Street, Kalakshetra Colony, Chennai 90.
Phone:             9444082401       (Nity)/             9444390240
 (Madhu)

antinukesolidarity.wordpress.com