[Reader-list] Pyrta Winter Issue

Janice Pariat janicepariat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 14:35:34 IST 2011

yes, it's out. Pyrta's gorgeous, extra-special Winter Issue. all wrapped up
and slipped into your Christmas stocking. we have a splendiferous line-up ~

poetry by Vivek Narayanan, robin ngangom, maryam ala amjadi, alicia
soon,Sharanya
Haridas and manasi subramaniam among many others.

our fiction section contains exclusive excerpts from two novels out next
year ~ 'Not Only the Things that Have Happened' by our lovely Mridula
Koshy and 'Windhorse' by Kaushik Barua, as well as short stories by Samrat
X (all about a girl) and Ankush Saikia (who likes to think he predicted the
London riots with this piece).

there's a fantastic photo essay on Bombay by Sameer Tawde who was awarded
the India Habitat Photography Fellowship earlier this year for the project
"City Eyes".

and finally, (Santa's really gone all out here), a series of sketches by
our singularly marvelous Sarnath Banerjee, inspired by text about lost
things/people/places.

www.pyrtajournal.com

happy holidays everyone!