[Reader-list] ahmedabad theatre festival

Dia Da Costa diadacosta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:13:44 IST 2011

Dear friends of Theatre,

Budhan Theatre, an Ahmedabad based community theatre group has reclaimed
the identity of Chharas, a denotified tribe of India as the artist
community by removing the stigma of an ex-criminal tribe. It is being 14th
year of journey to use theatre art for the community development. We feel
that, as theatre revealed our historical identity of an entertainer
community and now it is the give-back time for Budhan Theatre to the
theatre world of the country. We want to provide a platform to the theatre
groups from Gujarat and other states in the Ahmedabad city by organizing
National level theatre festival called Ahmedabad Theatre Festival (ATF).
Theatre groups who are in search of spaces are welcome to the Ahmedabad
Theatre Festival. Groups who are using any form of theatre whether it is
experimental, mainstream or folk form, all are welcome to participate. We
encourage to groups to bring performances in their own language or dialect.

Budhan Theatre is in the process to organize five days theatre festival and
we want you to encourage us by participating in the festival and help us to
encourage people of Ahmedabad to watch theatre.

Your group with your latest production is invited to perform for few days
in the Ahmedabad. We, the Budhan Theatre will be happy to reimburse the
travel cost of second class Rail fare of your group from your city to
Ahmedabad. Budhan Theatre will also take care of your lodging and food
during your stay in the Ahmedabad. We will also be happy to provide you the
minimum requirement for the production like lights, make-up, sound and
projectors. Please note that we will not be able to provide sets
requirement of your production.

We can proceed further to give you more details if you are interested to
participate in ATF and encourage Budhan Theatre. The last date for
registration is December 30, 2011. Please reply as soon as possible.

The ATF is going to organize from February 20, 2012 to February 25, 2012
and you are expected to reach Ahmedabad latest by February 19, 2012.

Please help us to forward this message to interested groups and an
individuals in your network.

Look forward to see you at ATF.

For further information please visit or contact
Dakxin Chhara - +91 9712677042
Kalpana Gagdekar - +91 9638999759
www.budhantheatre.org
dakxinchhara at gmail.com