[Reader-list] analysis of US data

Nagraj Adve nagraj.adve at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:50:12 IST 2011

Patrice,
The link below has an analysis of 2009 US emissions by the official
body the Energy Info Administration. It's official but interesting.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/environment/emissions/carbon/index.html

The rise in China's emissions between 2009 over the previous year is
staggering, almost a billion tonnes of CO2. I was chatting about it
with a colleague in Delhi Platform this morning, and we kinda
concluded that China's emissions rise will be less next year. But it
is staggering, given that the entire Earth's absorption capacity is
currently about 16-17 Gt.
Naga

PS: Don't want to fill people's inbox with emails that may be of no
interest to them; am unsure whether to take these discussions about
global warming off the list