[Reader-list] Invitation to the launch of PIX and music by edGeCut (sound reasons records)

ISh S ish at sarai.net
Sat Feb 5 17:36:59 IST 2011

Dear All,

We are very happy to be launching PIX: A Photography Quarterly on
Friday, Feb 11 at the Goethe-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan.  The launch
will be followed by a performance by edGeCut (sound reasons records) .
The works of edGeCut can be found online at

http://soundcloud.com/edgecut/sets/edgecut-live-set/
<http://soundcloud.com/edgecut/sets/edgecut-live-set/>
http://myspace.com/edgecutting
http://soundreasons.in

| edGeCut | Live Set | sounds reasons records |

*edGeCut* is an electro-acoustic project by ISh and the music under this
project comprises of  a mixture of acoustic compositions arranged with
synthetic electronic music. These together reflect the crystalline
layered music a his influences ranging from classical music to Jazz and
electro. The music here is produced under the Sound reasons records/
Delhi. He has recently performed with this project at Art Basel 2010 ,
electron@ fete de la Musiqe -- Geneva, Ignite festival of contemporary
Dance -- Delhi to name a few. He has also created Sound/Video
installations along with compositions for Theater and Contemperory Dance
performances which have been showcased at | Khoj Studio's Noise Workshop
| 1st international art | tech | media congress | 'SoundLAB - Edition V'
| 12th and 13th Bharat Rang Mahautsav at NSD( National School of Drama)
|  Action Field Kodra , Greece | 2nd IBSN festival, Delhi | Ignite,
Festival of Contemporary Dance by Gati, delhi |

press__

"His affinity to warm, richly resounding bass lines, intricate echo
chamber manipulations and melancholic progressions shines through
regardless of whether he's exploring nocturnal ambient territory with
the members of the 4th world orchestra ("cosmiconomics") or revelling in
bittersweet songs without words under the edGeCut banner, a
collaboration with Namrata Pamnani ("last train to Sarai"), which also
features his skills as a classically trained guitarist. More
importantly, however, all acts represented here treat their sources with
both playfulness and respect, manifesting their personality without
loosing sight of the sampler's overall goals."
*Tobias Fischer (tokafi | beat.de <http://beat.de>)*

*
*

best