[Reader-list] Open Show - Invite for Bangalore Submissions

francesca recchia kiccovich at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 18:28:07 IST 2011

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:

 Open Show is a free monthly social mixer + screening event that provides
photographers, filmmakers and multimedia producers the chance to present their
work in high-profile spaces.

OPEN SHOW FORMAT
Five curated presenters have 10 minutes each to introduce one project. Both
ongoing and completed work is accepted. We welcome diverse topics ranging from
documentary to fine art.

SHOW: 24th February 2011.

STILL IMAGE PROJECTS
1) 20 images on a single narrative topic or visual theme (note this is NOT a
portfolio review!).
2) File format: full-frame image 1500 pixels on the longest side (square images
should be 1500x1500 pixels), 72 DPI and JPEG format.
3) NO text on images, watermarks, masking, or borders. Cropping and minor image
adjustments are acceptable.
4) Upload files via http://openshow.org/submissions/.

FILM/MULTIMEDIA PROJECTS
1) Running time must be between 4-7 minutes. (exceptions made please contact us)
2) Audio should be complimentary (ambient recording, interview, etc.) - anything
NOT recorded by the presenter must be properly licensed.
3) Send a link to your project via http://openshow.org/submissions/.
4) If your project is selected we will need a Quicktime (.MOV) file at 1024x768
pixels exported using the H.264 Codec and a maximum of 250 MB. We cannot accept
Soundslides, Adobe Flash files or other formats.

You can also nominate someone you know has amazing work that needs to get seen
via http://openshow.org/nominate/.

EVERYTHING ELSE
● You MUST be present at Open Show for your work to be shown, so please keep
your schedule free for the show date (to be announced).
● Our event team creates all title slides and NO explanatory text slides are
allowed.
● Open Show will notify artists the week of the show to announce who will be
presenting.

For other queries on Open Show (Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi)
madhu at openshow.org

For queries in Bangalore:
Poonam Parihar & Roy Sinai
openshowbglre at gmail.com